Thursday, September 19, 2013

Nyx, Goddess of the Night

One of the exciting things I have on the horizon is my inaugural ride in the Mystic Krewe of Nyx on Wednesday, February 26, 2014. Believe me when I tell you, it can't get here soon enough.

Nyx was the Goddess of night. Her name, synonymous with Night, describes how her dark light falls from the stars, and she dictates to men and also to the gods.



Yep, that's me alright...Goddess through and through.  I must say, the irony of being a "Goddess of the night" is not lost on me....I can barely stay up past 10 pm.   Not to worry (throwing my head back and standing up tall), I am a Goddess, I will persevere....yawn.

Back to Nyx....along with signature beads, cups, coozies and assorted light up blinky things, Nyx's signature throw is a purse.  A purse you ask?  Yep, a purse...but not just any purse...a personally handcrafted glittery extravaganza of a purse.  
I hope to be attending some "official" purse decorating parties with other members of the Krewe soon, but in the meantime I couldn't help myself....I got started.

Now, give me glitter, feathers, jewels and a glue gun and I become drunk with excitement....drunk, I tell you!   Okay, there may have been a glass or two of wine involved. 


Did I mention glitter....and this is just a small sampling.  I will look like a Twilight vampire for many months to come. 


We just had our first official membership meeting this week and saw our signature throws for 2014.  AAACCCKK!  I can't give you any of the juicy details, but I can tell you come February 26, 2014, grab your mom and dem, pick your favorite spot... neutral ground or sidewalk side...and get ready. You will NOT want to miss the ladies of Nyx 2014. 

Just yell, "Throw me something Goddess".  Yep, that's got a nice ring to it, don't ya think?


If you found this post helpful, please feel free to click your "Pin It" button to add this post to Pinterest, or a +1 for Google+.

6 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Can't wait til your first ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first year riding as well!I have 28 purses completed so far. I'm trying to be finished before the holidays. Your purses look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bayou. I bought 40 purses, plus some that friends hunted down for me. What was I thinking?!?! Can't wait to meet you IRL. Glitter on sister.

      Delete
    2. your purses look beautiful! This is my first year riding too! I have 3 purses done and 3 in progress! I'm slacking! Need to work faster if I want all 30 of my purses done by February!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Lisa. Looks like we both have a lot of work ahead of us.

      Delete